The Movement Continues.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Kneeling like a Catholic

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Kneeling like a Catholic on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:03 pm

Does this help you achieve zazen? Go beyond good and evil? Go beyond fear? Beyond attachment or disinterest? Laughing

View user profile

2 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:37 am

One mans magic carpet ride is anothers supplication, oh ever changing one. Wink

View user profile

3 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Fata Morgana wrote:oh ever changing one. Wink

says the woman on her sixth mythological name. Wink

View user profile

4 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:43 am

Severus Vadius wrote:
Fata Morgana wrote:oh ever changing one. Wink

says the woman on her sixth mythological name. Wink

Lmao!!! She uses names, it seems, as a tool to project a picture of herself that resonates with how she feels at the time. Smile

D.S.

View user profile http://thecabal.darkbb.com

5 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:55 am

Laughing He has had infinitely more than me.

The funny thing with the way I've ended up taking on names as symbolic representations of where I'm at, what is happening, my intent, the part of the journey on which I find myself and so on, is to realise my underlying namelessness, even from the name I was given at birth. This has proved to be valuable for me. It has unintentionally (by me at least) brought me closer to the Source and my reflection in everything I encounter, our shared experience and opportunity for growth. I am not only me, but the face I present has a huge impact on my interactions with the world. Symbolism at it's most powerful I think. Becoming the symbol.

Remember the brief time I was The Morrigan at Sithism.com DS? Tiberian met her, and ended up destroying that which he sought to wrench from our grasp.

View user profile

6 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Fata Morgana wrote: Laughing He has had infinitely more than me.


MYSPACE DOESN'T COUNT.

Fata Morgana wrote:
The funny thing with the way I've ended up taking on names as symbolic representations of where I'm at, what is happening, my intent, the part of the journey on which I find myself and so on, is to realise my underlying namelessness, even from the name I was given at birth. This has proved to be valuable for me. It has unintentionally (by me at least) brought me closer to the Source and my reflection in everything I encounter, our shared experience and opportunity for growth. I am not only me, but the face I present has a huge impact on my interactions with the world. Symbolism at it's most powerful I think. Becoming the symbol.

Remember the brief time I was The Morrigan at Sithism.com DS? Tiberian met her, and ended up destroying that which he sought to wrench from our grasp.

HUH? WHAT WAS THAT LAST SENTENCE? (no, I'm not yelling) Razz

View user profile

7 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:27 am

Severus Vadius wrote:


MYSPACE DOESN'T COUNT.

It doesn't? Well even then....Laughing

HUH? WHAT WAS THAT LAST SENTENCE?

What are you asking? If you're asking about the story behind it it's a very long one.

(no, I'm not yelling) Razz

Being emphatic? Caps lock stuck? Some mysterious magickal doings? scratch Razz

View user profile

8 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Remember the brief time I was The Morrigan at Sithism.com DS? Tiberian met her, and ended up destroying that which he sought to wrench from our grasp.

Indeed! The irony of the thing was simply delicious. Smile The child and his cohorts allowed themselves to be so overcome with hubris, that they couldn't see the forest for the trees.

You and Raven had steered Sithism away from the fictional universe and had recreated it as a spiritual movement that owed nothing to the "founders" of the old website.

Tibs and company were irrelevant. They just didn't realize it. Laughing Then Seti and I assumed our place at the table with you. From there, all memory of earlier incarnations of Sithism had been erased.

D.S.

View user profile http://thecabal.darkbb.com

9 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Dirk Sith wrote:
Remember the brief time I was The Morrigan at Sithism.com DS? Tiberian met her, and ended up destroying that which he sought to wrench from our grasp.

Indeed! The irony of the thing was simply delicious. Smile The child and his cohorts allowed themselves to be so overcome with hubris, that they couldn't see the forest for the trees.

You and Raven had steered Sithism away from the fictional universe and had recreated it as a spiritual movement that owed nothing to the "founders" of the old website.

Tibs and company were irrelevant. They just didn't realize it. Laughing Then Seti and I assumed our place at the table with you. From there, all memory of earlier incarnations of Sithism had been erased.

D.S.

Creating the current Sithism. Remarkable. Having less than 200 adherents worldwide? Applaud yourself all you want...

View user profile

10 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:54 pm

InitiateRemus wrote:

Creating the current Sithism. Remarkable. Having less than 200 adherents worldwide? Applaud yourself all you want...

It was nostalgia between two old friends. What is it you want Remus? Because it's certainly something. You demand action, then when it doesn't appear on the instant and in the way you would like you say you're going to leave, then you don't, throw your toys out of the pram. Are pleasant one moment then dismissive and petulant the next. I've known you for years now and this pattern goes round and round, seemingly with no end. You have insight but so often you just snarl. Please, do tell, what is the issue? What is it that you seek from us yet undboubtedly contain within yourself? Why the neediness?

As for this comment of yours, how many people would you consider a valid number? For me more than one is enough. It's not a popularity contest.

View user profile

11 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:24 pm

As for this comment of yours, how many people would you consider a valid number? For me more than one is enough. It's not a popularity contest.

Believe me, when I am absent, more often than not, I'm applying the lessons of Sithism to real world concerns. I pride myself on (for better or worse) having an offline persona that's indistinguishable from the one you see here.

Also, I'm very involved in cleaning up a few offline distractions. However, I have been engaged in my personal training, which, provides fuel for online explorations, as does the "real world" experiences" referenced earlier.

I have a few more things to add to the academic area of the site, after which, I may begin a campaign to promote this place a little. However, it was never my intention to build a juggernaut. I simply wish to provide a place for serious seekers to come in search of things that may elude them elsewhere.

It was my hope to create an online presense for the Sith "purist" if you will.

As for the numbers? I have no idea how many sithists there are and couldn't care less. It has no bearing on my goals, which center around personal growth and achievement.

For all that, remember, your feelings can betray you. They can expose you to your core, providing those predisposed and skilled enough to do so, everything they need to manipulate you.

Just give some thought to what I'm telling you.

D.S.

View user profile http://thecabal.darkbb.com

12 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Mon May 02, 2011 10:07 pm

InitiateRemus wrote:
Dirk Sith wrote:
Remember the brief time I was The Morrigan at Sithism.com DS? Tiberian met her, and ended up destroying that which he sought to wrench from our grasp.

Indeed! The irony of the thing was simply delicious. Smile The child and his cohorts allowed themselves to be so overcome with hubris, that they couldn't see the forest for the trees.

You and Raven had steered Sithism away from the fictional universe and had recreated it as a spiritual movement that owed nothing to the "founders" of the old website.

Tibs and company were irrelevant. They just didn't realize it. Laughing Then Seti and I assumed our place at the table with you. From there, all memory of earlier incarnations of Sithism had been erased.

D.S.

Creating the current Sithism. Remarkable.

I might add that I find it absolutely mind-boggling that "fictional" philosophies and religions like Jediism and being a "Vulcan" seem to be more useful than the most popular world religions. Wink

View user profile

13 Re: Kneeling like a Catholic on Wed May 04, 2011 8:58 am

InitiateRemus wrote:
I might add that I find it absolutely mind-boggling that "fictional" philosophies and religions like Jediism and being a "Vulcan" seem to be more useful than the most popular world religions. Wink

It makes perfect sense to me, in part relating to the article you've posted on chaos magic (with or without the k Razz ). Follow preformed rigid rituals and rules which have been chinese whispered for centuries, manipulated by sundry power crazed officials to create a load of well behaved biddable people, fail to examine what the tradition is all about for you, and you may as well save yourself the effort, or accept you are going to become a mindless drone.

On the other hand seemingly new metaphors and myths, especially in story form, leave themselves wide open to a true recognition of what lies at their heart, and the lack of rigidity or those policing what it is 'supposed' to mean and you can not only be truly creative but cut through your own illusions, speak to yourself from a place where you already know.

f course we already know it's human nature (some humans anyway) to lay claim to truth and attempt to beat everyone else into submission, claim the moral high ground, have needless and tedious fisticuffs about who is right and who wrong, so even these new philosophies get sidetracked into such meaningless pursuits quite quickly.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum