The Sithist Cabal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MaesterRemus
MaesterRemus

LHP, RHP, Karma and evil Empty LHP, RHP, Karma and evil

Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:22 am
Can you dismiss the idea of evil as a force in the universe and maintain that Karma exists?

Are the "left hand path" people the only ones who do this?

Why is the LHP seen as evil?

Is the historical dislike of left-handed and LHP people for their recurringly being noted for their uncanny skills and unnatural talents?

Last edited by InitiateRemus on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : meh)
Fata Morgana
Fata Morgana
Admin

LHP, RHP, Karma and evil Empty Re: LHP, RHP, Karma and evil

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:49 am
InitiateRemus wrote:Can you dismiss the idea of evil as a force in the universe and maintain that Karma exists?

Yes. Though I think there are dark entities because I've encountered them. In fact the worst the day after I denied their existance, which proved some sort of point. Mainly to be careful what you say. Laughing Karma is just cause and effect.

Are the "left hand path" people the only ones who do this?

Don't know. Do what exactly?

Why is the LHP seen as evil?

Because the RHP divides. It sees the options as clinging to one end of the spectrum and rejecting the other, whereas any true LHPer (though I'm not all that fond of the term as that makes it easy to misrepresent it as a dualistic and limiting concept)knows you do not need to reject anything out of hand, that you need to embrace and immerse yourself in reality in all it's many forms. So those on the RHP see only that you are not apparently 'good' or constrained and well behaved, which it depends on for its security.

Is the historical dislike of left-handed and LHP people for their recurringly being noted for their uncanny skills and unnatural talents?

Possibly. or that they are not understood because they don't fit into a predominantly right handed world which is left brained and loves to put things in little meaningless boxes.
Dirk Sith
Admin
https://thecabal.darkbb.com

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:07 am
Though I cannot remember the particulars, I know that the xtians have long associated left handedness with evil. I'm a lefty and can remember well the bias against us "south-paws" in my youth. It wasn't uncommon to have educators, parents, etc., trying to "train" children under their charge out of lefthandedness, more often than not, due to this association.

If you care to do the research, I would be most interested in what you found out about this subject.

D.S.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum